Subject: Re: Swap!?
To: None <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1996 16:38:32
On Jan 31,  9:48am, Ken Nakata wrote:
>> 	I just installed a new kernel (wormey #45??? The one on eskimo)
>> and now i get a warning.  It doesn't see the swap and says it doesn't
>> exist.. it says that sd2b is not configured....what's going on?
>
>I would guess that it's a kernel tailored to suit Steve's system
>configuration.  Probably it's configured to use swap partitions on
>sd0b and sd2b.  If you don't have sd2 (third SCSI disk), then it
>complains but no harm will be done.

No, I configure WORMHOLE to swap on sd0b and vnd0a, and dump on sd1b.

If he has something requesting sd2b, it sounds more like there is a
CDROM or SCSI tape in between two disks, the install is on the second
disk, and the installer made fstab entries based on that configuration.

installer:  SCSI 0 - disk, 1 - CDROM, 2 - disk
NetBSD:          sd0       cd0        sd1

The solution is to check /etc/fstab and make sure it's pointing to the
right place.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

Children seldom misquote you.  In fact, they usually repeat word for
word what you shouldn't have said.