Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1996 07:22:16

> > OK, so does that mean that since my card responds to ifconfig
> > appropriately, and even responds correctly to a ping to the card address
> > (about 2ms average) that interrupts are probably not the problem?
>
> That means that video interrupts are not the problem.  It probably means
> that the ethernet interrupts are wedging in some other way.  What kind
> of traffic is on this network?  Just two machines?  Or is there a lot of
> chatter?

There is one other machine, a color classic. I suspect there may be the
usual appletalk chatter that the machine generates on its own, but nothing
besides that.

I may not have made it clear, but it doesn't crash from outside chatter,
even if I try to ping the netbsd box from the Color Classic (which doesn't
work) It only crashes when I try to send something out through the ethernet
card in the MacII(netbsd).

Brad