Subject: is anyone alive out there?!?!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1996 11:23:29
I've installed netbsd onto my se/30 but have problems. I have been advised
to turn off VM and turn on 32bit mode. I have done the former but not the
latter since none of the 7.x cdevs that i've run on my se/30 show up the
option to do so; they simply *have* no 32bit flag in them. I know what
everyone's referring to; i've seen that flag in the memory cdev. But It
just don't appear in my copy of the memory cdev; neither the 7.5 version
nor the 7.1 version.

I do not have RAM doubler or anything odd. Apart from 7.5 ;-)

Here is what comes up on the screen when it halts; it boots up to a point
but doesn't give me a shell:

next pa = 0x10600
high(0) = 0x100000
stopped at debugger +0x6 unlk a6
db> unexpected trap vector offset 0x0 from 0x739c0000

and that's where it freezes.

Anyone out there with an idea or a copy of the memory cdev that definitely
shows the 32bit mode flag?

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/macenroe/pub/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)