Subject: Re: Another Thought regarding Ether Problems
To: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1996 22:17:21

> Still no luck getting the Ethernet running on the MacII... I was thinking about
> trying an alternate route....  We have an open serial port on one of our
> routers....  How involved would it be to set up a permanent SLIP or PPP
> link via this serial link?
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

If it can act like a ppp router, no problem! Just get a good modem cable (w/
handshaking lines), plug it in, and fire up ppp.

I'm in the process of writing up a ppp-how-to, but it's fairly easy with
some scripts. If you can wait a day or two, I might have the package
together (there's some other stuff ahead of it in my queue). Or I can send
you the scripts I use (which came to me from Paul Goyette).

Take care,

Bill