Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1996 15:34:33
>> So, there is good and/or bad convinations between installed nubus cards,
>> I think.
>
>Actually, the problem is the video card interrupts.  We currently only
>enable nubus interrupts if an ethernet card is detected and configured.
>The way nubus interrupts work, if I understand them right, is that when
>a nubus interrupt is detected, all nubus interrupts must be cleared
>(handled) or further interrupts will be lost.  Different video cards'
>interrupts are cleared differently.  I think that if we can read the
>driver off the card, we might be able to clear the interrupts correctly,
>but I've never written that code.  If someone wants to, it would be a
>big win.

Would this explain the problem I see with the machine hanging when I try to
send something through the ethernet card, that is, send something to the
card, the card generates an interrupt, netbsd handles it incorrectly, and
the machine hangs?

If so, shouldn't I be able to hang the machine by sending something to the
card from the ethernet? This doesn't happen, but the other machine on the
network can never connect, even though I have ifconfig'd the card, and
netstat shows that things look ok.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624