Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1996 17:02:42
Hi, Tank,

At 11:33 1/24/96 -0600, Tank wrote:
>Well, because there was no kernel level support for SONIC based ethernet
>cards, I gave in and purchased a card that was on the supported list (The
>Asante MacConi NB-10T), however, NetBSD now crashes during boot while
>trying to mount the ae0 device.  There is no error message, it just freezes
>at the line:
>
>   ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:94:60:e6:19, type MacCon NuBus-A, 32k Mem.
>
>Can someone PLEASE help me get this thing running..... I figured by installing
>a supported ethercard, I'd be able to "coast" through the rest of the

I met almost the same result when I use "Farallon EtherWave" and "Radius
PrecisionColor Pro 24XP"; Farallon' EtherWave can work with "Apple 8.24
Display Card".  What you saw, "ae0 at nubus0: ...", means the ethernet
card was recognized properly, I think.

Previously, jeff schindall (thanks!) suggested me:
>>On the other side, I tired "Radius PrecisionColor Pro 24XP" nubus
>>display card,  but I could not.  Is there who use it?
>>

>this card will probably work if you remove the enet adapter.
>Apparently we don't yet know how to turn off some of the video card
>interupts and this causes problems when the system attempts to configure
>the enet card.

So, there is good and/or bad convinations between installed nubus cards,
I think.

Mamoru Yamanishi
yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp,
and also yama@cc.okayama-u.ac.jp, JBC00072@niftyserve.or.jp,
or YAMA24.GCJ@applelink.apple.com

Tel: +81-86-251-8196, Fax: +81-86-253-7399(GIII type)

Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Engineering
Okayama University
Tsushima-Naka, Okayama 700