Subject: Re: ftpd
To: Kirk Boston <kbosto1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1996 21:38:36
> why is my ftpd not working anymore.
>
> when I did my first install ftpd was working and I could log into my ci
> using fetch but now that I have rebuilt the netbsd box again with X in
> the /usr directory.  but anyway when I try to ftp into my ci it gives
> access denied. when I try to start ftpd manually it gives me
> getpeername (./ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket
>
> So I can't ftp into my ci anymore anybody know what is going on??

Off the top of my head, what shell are you using? To be able to ftp
into a system, you must have a shell listed in /etc/shells. If not,
ftp sticks its toungue out at you.

I don't know about the manual start problem,. but it might have to do
w/ inetd setting something up first. I don't know.

Take care,

Bill