Subject: Re: Xmacbsd.950912: Curiosity killed the cat
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1996 01:27:19
On Wed, 24 Jan 1996 01:48:40 +0100, Thus spracht Angel Orille-Franz:
>Hi,
>I wanted to try out Xmacbsd.950912 tonight on a SE/30 and
>found out that this server doesn't work on the SE/30.
>I'm getting a blank screen, the applications are started
>(ps reports them) but they cannot be seen on the screen.
>X.11Mar95 works fine instead.

I have duplicated this as well.  Perhaps it has something to do
with the small screen size on the SE/30.  The annoying thing about
the other X servers is the lack of functioning up/down arrows.
I'm currently embarking upon the advanture that is building X
and will let you all know if I ever get it to work w/an SE/30.

Sean

Sean Sweda                        :                       ITD OM Unix Team
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :
     PowerTalk email:             :            Owner, Motor City Marauders
sean.sweda@aoce2.itd.umich.edu    :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs