Subject: Re: Booting in Color was
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 19:18:38
> >> I can't resist a plea for a fixed 1.1 kernel that doesn't have the ADB bug
> >> with the Daystar accelerator. I'm stuck at Oct 23 and none of the new fixe
> >> I read about are useful. I realize that mine is an unusual configuration,
> >> but the ADB problem was fixed once, and it seems like it could be unbroken
> >> again.
> >Do you know what the ADB bug actually is? Just curious, because I don't
> >think I really heard of this before. What are the symptoms of the problem -
>
> The bug manifests itself as a failure to respond to adb devices after
> booting on MacII's with Daystar 68030 accelerators. I have it, and I think
> it is common to all users with the accelerator. The kernel boots fine, and
> in my case runs fine from a terminal, just won't work at all with the
> console keyboard or mouse. Allen suggests that this same bug has appeared
> before, and has been fixed, but has reappeared in kernels subsequent to Oct
> 23, the last one that I can use with the console. If I can give you any
> more information, let me know and I'd be glad to.

The Daystar accelerator in my SE/30 was working fine with 1.1.
(I can boot into single user with current)

Now I'm having SCSI lockups.

How many Daystar owners are out there?  I'm working on
enabling the cache.  I can currently disable it fine on boot.
I can also enable it fine, but I'm running into problems
finding all the places it needs to be flushed.  I can't
do much testing because of the before mentioned SCSI
problems...

Kevin

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad