Subject: Re:Booting in Color was
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 12:34:01
>On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Brad Salai wrote:
>
>> I can't resist a plea for a fixed 1.1 kernel that doesn't have the ADB bug
>> with the Daystar accelerator. I'm stuck at Oct 23 and none of the new fixes
>> I read about are useful. I realize that mine is an unusual configuration,
>> but the ADB problem was fixed once, and it seems like it could be unbroken
>> again.
>
>Do you know what the ADB bug actually is? Just curious, because I don't
>think I really heard of this before. What are the symptoms of the problem -
>Sorry if it's repeating, I didn't catch it on the list earlier.
>
>Thanks.
>
>        --John
>
>--
John,

Don't worry about repeating, this is the one thing keeping Daystar
Accelerator users from using 1.1

The bug manifests itself as a failure to respond to adb devices after
booting on MacII's with Daystar 68030 accelerators. I have it, and I think
it is common to all users with the accelerator. The kernel boots fine, and
in my case runs fine from a terminal, just won't work at all with the
console keyboard or mouse. Allen suggests that this same bug has appeared
before, and has been fixed, but has reappeared in kernels subsequent to Oct
23, the last one that I can use with the console. If I can give you any
more information, let me know and I'd be glad to.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624