Subject: Re: Multi buttom mouse for NetBSD/mac68k X?
To: Don Frevele <dfrevele@li.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 05:53:10
> Hi,
>    I recently installed NetBSD/mac68k 1.1 and X-Windows on my IIsi, 17M
> RAM. It's just great! I would like to buy either a 2 or 3 button mouse to
> use on this machine instead of using the keyboard equivilants for these
> keys.
>   Which mice are supported? How is the middle button emulated on a two
> button mouse? On a PC (which I an forced to use at work) eXceed emulates
> the middle button by pressing both buttons simultaneously.

The file 3.BUTTONS is a read-me file that describes what 3-button mice
are supported, and what you need to do to make them work with X11R6.
(The file should have been on the same ftp site where you got MacBSD X11.)

Basically, you set it up so that the 2nd and 3rd buttons produce certain
keystrokes (like, Option-down, left-arrow-down, left-arror-up, and
option-up) so that the X server sees what it expects.