Subject: Re: Wormhole#44 Kernel on SE/30 & disk errors.
To: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1996 12:02:35
On Jan 22,  2:21am, Angel Orille-Franz wrote:
>What I'm wondering about is that now I'm getting the
>following warning message at startup:
>  savecore: /dev/sd1b: Device not configured.
[...]
>Does anybody have an idea why /dev/sd1b has to be configured?

The WORMHOLE kernel is set up to do system coredumps to a swap
partition on drive 1.  If you have no such, don't worry about it.

WORMHOLE's main claim to fame is the ability to swap to a file
(via vnd0a) so that if you find yourself running short on swap
and cannot repartition, you can add some temporary swap space.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.