Subject: top
To: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1996 11:21:45
On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Angel Orille-Franz wrote:

> Is there a tool like "top" for NetBSD, so that I'm able to see
> the real amount of available memory?
>
> Angel Orille

Top installs easily for NetBSD, I did it for NetBSD/Mac68k, but
see no reason that it should not install on other architectures.
The installation was easy (either with no changes, or with
obvius tweaks to installation procedure, I don't remember).

I got top 3.3 from a comp.sources.unix archive, e.g.
  ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/c.s.u/volume29/top-3.3.

It is not completely bug-free, e.g. it displays garbage for the
next process number, but it does display the state and size
for the processes in the system.

regards
Erik Bertelsen