Subject: Wormhole#44 Kernel on SE/30 & disk errors.
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1996 02:21:20
Hi,

since I had many disk errors on my SE/30 using previous
releases of the GENERIC-Kernel, I moved to the newest
WORMHOLE-Kernel available at eskimo.

What I'm wondering about is that now I'm getting the
following warning message at startup:
  savecore: /dev/sd1b: Device not configured.

Now I'm only using an internal drive (ID #0) with the three
partitions (MacOS, Swap and NetBSD).

The fstab entry of the swap partition is:
  /dev/sd0b	none 	swap 	sw 0 0

Does anybody have an idea why /dev/sd1b has to be configured?
Is there a tool like "top" for NetBSD, so that I'm able to see
the real amount of available memory?

Besides that, when I was untarring X11, I've got a kernel panic:
	can't free block, dev=0x400, block 2368, fs=/

Now that I've rebooted, I'm getting the following error:
(after starting the file system checks):
	Illegal Instruction
	Unknown error; help!

fsck -f in single user mode didn't report any file-errors.

So, I'll be thankful on any hints that would help me to run NetBSD
more reliable on my SE/30.

Thank you very much.

Angel Orille