Subject: Re: LinuxPPC for PowerMac ??
To: Carl Holmberg <cmholm@va24669.tu.hac.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1996 22:25:03
> > You do realize Apple makes next to nothing on the hardware these days.
> >The software is their profits.  So if you aren't using MacOS, they don't make
> >money, so why should it bother them if you use someone else's hardware?
>
> Because more boxes out the door means more boxes that *could* and at times
> *would* being running the MacOS and apps. It pumps market share for their
> architecture.

You tell Apple's suits *that*... ;-) They obviously think of the
issues differently than we do, making us somewhat unhappy which in
turn chases some of us (including me) away from their hardware *and*
software products.

> if anyone in
> Cupertino nowadays keeps their titles long enough to appreciate those points.

I don't think a long kept position makes any difference; they keep
claiming that they are doing well in business and that must mean (to
them, at least) they are doing it right.  *sigh*

ken