Subject: cross-compile a kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Hitter <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1996 23:39:27
Hello.

Just built a cross-compiler and managed to compile all(?) files needed for a
kernel. But linking shows some hundred unreferenced symbols.

Hm. Maybe it wasn't wise to make major changes to the config file copied from
'GENERIC'. I commented a lot of options out.

Or isn't the kernel independent from the standard libraries as I thought.
Should I link with a libgcc.a and crt0.o copied from a NetBSD distribution ?

Perhaps it was a mistake to get the sources from a snapshot, but then I
whouldn't expect more than a dozen failures. Some example:
vm_machdep.o(.text+0x1c0): undefined reference to `m68881_save'
vm_machdep.o(.text+0x20a): undefined reference to `bzero'
vm_machdep.o(.text+0x3d2): undefined reference to `TBIAS'
vm_machdep.o(.text+0x41e): undefined reference to `TBIAS'
swapgeneric.o(.text+0x28c): undefined reference to `doboot'
*** Error code 1

Anybody any ideas or similar experiences ?
comments are welcome !

Markus

 Markus Hitter			email:	hitterm@trier.fh-rpl.de
				WWW:	http://www.trier.fh-rpl.de/~hitterm