Subject: Re: X and the a key
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Adam Nicol Delu <abam@othello.sph.berkeley.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 13:25:34
> > and thought there was a fix.  It only happens with fvwm, not
> > twm that comes with X.  Ideas, fixes, workarounds?
>
>  It doesn't happen with pre-2 fvwm. Grab the newer X server from puma.

I had a bunch of probelms with the March release of the X server.  I
couldn't use ctrl-a, up or down arrows, or ctrl-o.  When running Netscape
via Xsession from Solaris, I could not type the letter "a" in a url!  It
deleted one character back.

The ctrl-a bugged me the most, because in tcsh and emacs that was the
beginnning of line character.  What a drag.

The latest release of X, December 95 fixed this.