Subject: Re: This worked for me/IIsi
To: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <Bjarne.Backstrom@abc.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 13:24:14
[discussion about color boot deleted]

AFAIK, the kernel's happy w/ 1, 4, and 8-bit video. Should be on all
machines. Just 4 & 8 are slow. (2-bit might work too). dt wants 1-bit,
and X wants 1-bit as we can't change the video palette at present, so
color X would be kinda brain-dead.

> I haven't had time to work much with NetBSD lately (no X yet) but I think
> that every piece of info could be of great value. Could we just start with
> something simple like "This worked for me":

This idea sounds good, but someone just made a nice user survey system
for puma. It sounds like the best registry for this info. I think it
is searchable right now. ??

Take care,

Bill