Subject: IIcx?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <KPATTERSON@DELTA.IS.TCU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1996 10:08:21
Hi,

I went back and fiddled with some of the booter options (v1.8) and still cannot
get the IIcx to successfully boot-up.  The machine is a regular IIcx with 5Meg
of RAM.  It had an ethernet card in it but I removed it before installation to
avoid as many problems as possible.  Let's see...the Root/Usr partition is
60Meg and the Swap is 12Meg.  As for the Macintosh part, I have a *very*
minimal system installed (copied the system folder from a 7.0.1 Disk Tools
System disk and added a few control panels to move files over localtalk) could
this be a problem?
Here are the dying words of BSD during boot-up:
...stuff about RAM...

no internal video at address 0-video address 0xfaa00020
Failure in BSD boot.
  nextpa=0x106000, high[0]=0x100000.
panic: you're hosed

Stopped at   Debugger +0x6: onlk a6
db>unexpected trap; vector offset 0x0 from 0x739c0000.

I hope that a NetBSD God around here might have a clue, because I certainly
don't.

Thanks again in advance,
Kyle Patterson