Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Install problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Myron_B._Krawczuk_at_~PRILVJ11@ccmail.bms.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1996 18:09:39
Hello,

    I know I'm probably missing something basic, but after the 15th time trying
to install 1.1 I'm at a loss. I have a Mac IIci, 20 M RAM running a bare bones
System 7.5.1. I formatted the internal 80 Meg drive with SilverLining 5.6 and
created a 55 M Root & Usr and a 13 M Swap partition.
    After successfully (or so it seems) installing base11, etc11, and netbsd11
(after ungzipping them) when I try to boot it says:

    Booting...MID_M68K executable:entry 0x1818.
    Malloced 1179800 bytes.
    854480 (0x0) Boot error: Short boot_read. Kernel file corrupt?

    I don't have much room on the MacOS partition, so I've tried installing the
sets from both a UNIX account (through CAP 6.0) and from another Mac through
file sharing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

        Myron Krawczuk

krawczuk@bms.com
Myron_B._Krawczuk@ccmail.bms.com