Subject: Re: Argh...
To: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
From: Scott Jann <smj@monopoly.cs.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1996 11:20:36
On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Angel Orille-Franz wrote:

> I made the experience, that though my second HD has the SCSI-ID 5
> (this is also reported by SCSI-Probe, APS, etc.)
> I have to mount it as /dev/sd1a.
> This is also what the startup messages report in the disk detection.
> So, I guess something is wrong - but it works.

follow what you see during boot, the devices are assigned as 0=first
device on the scsi chain, 1=2nd, etc.. if you have a drive on scsi id 0
and 5, you will have to use /dev/sd0x and /dev/sd1x to get to them...
generally, you can override this in a kernel config file however..

Scott Jann					 "Zoinks!" -Shaggy
  jann0004@tc.umn.edu | http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~smj | irc: MrBill