Subject: Re: LC III NETBSD success, now what?
To: Tony Dias <tdias@noc.bbn.com>
From: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1996 02:54:07
On Sat, 13 Jan 1996, Tony Dias wrote:

> Okay, I formatted the drive, created the file systems, got the Wittowski kernel
> and got the bugger to boot.
>
> Is it possible to install X11R6 w/fvwm as the window manager?
>
> Later - Tony Dias

Sure. I run fvwm on a Mac SE/30.
Just get the sources for xpm-3.4f and fvwm from a local ftp-server and
compile them under NetBSD. (I've got them from a Linux CD-distribution).
Check for the following files (you will need all of them):
	fvwm-1.23b-modules.tar.gz ,sources of the modules (GoodStuff etc.)
	fvwm-1.23b-icons.tar.gz   , Icons of the applications
	fvwm-1.23b-core.tar.gz    , sources of fvwm itself
	xpm-3.4f.tgz

I didn't have any problems compiling them.

(Hint: There is an already compiled version of fvwm on eskimo:
	ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/wormey/netbsd/packages/fvwm-1.24r.tgz
	ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/wormey/netbsd/packages/xpm-3.4f.tgz)

The execution of fvwm is made in the .xinitrc file.
Just replace the line "exec twm" with "exec fvwm"

Greetings,
Angel Orille