Subject: Re: serial ports and my IIci
To: None <brandt@physik3.gwdg.de>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <Bjarne.Backstrom@abc.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1996 04:15:25

>Don't use hardware handshaking! It works, and you could use it, but a
>terminal won't (usually) generate enough I/O to necessitate hardware
>flow control. Also, it would be one more complication to getting
>everything working.

True, but the computer is fully capable of generating enough I/O to make
the terminal nuts, sometimes even at 9600 bps and most certainly at higher
speeds. Some programs won't allow XON - XOFF and then you wish you'd taken
the time and trouble to install hardware handshaking right from the
beginning. At least that's my experience..

Regards,
/Bjarne.