Subject: User Survey - New features!
To: None <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG,>
From: Shawn Pearce <spearce@injersey.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1996 16:12:15
Well, I've worked on it, and have:

Editing of records - remember you entered that ethernet card that you
really don't have, but is close to your current card?  Then mailed me to
add it to the list?  Well, now you can correct that!  (Please, only edit
your own records.)

Listing of entire fields - want to see all the email address of users who
have MacBSD systems?

I can also delete records (no, i'm not going to make it available to the
general public yet), so if you added yourself twice, and know that one of
'em is wrong, please lemme know so I can delete it.

Now you can select more than one ethernet card, and have it store all of
the cards you selected.  Searching will also work to look for more than one
CPU, or more than one ethernet card (or both!)

Vast speed improvements - just list a record and see how much LESS time it
takes.  I think Allen will like this the most, since its less CPU time on
Puma.

-----

Now how should you have filled out the survey?  One entry per MACHINE that
runs MacBSD.  That's right, if you have a IIci and a IIsi both running
MacBSD, you should enter the IIci as one record, and then add the IIsi as a
different record.  Since each machine might have different uses, specs,
whatever.

-----

Problems:  (Anyone know how/willing to help, please reply to this!)

I tried to get server-push to work with Netscape so that while you are
searching, you can get back real time progress.  However, it doesn't work.
So, for the time being, I have turned that off, but, if anyone knows how to
get it to work, please email me!  (Basically, the code works, but the MIME
doesn't.)

The edit form is sorta ugly - everything is either a select list or a
textarea or a text entry box.  The HTML isn't great, but I'm working on
that.  If a brave soul wants to tackle how to get a radio button/check box
interface to work, please email me!  Also, if you use a select multiple box
(like on the add form), but don't select something, when you send it back,
that field will be blank.  Thus, you could easily erase your CPU by
forgetting to select it when you edit.  Anyone know of a way around this
beside making it a regular select-popup?

Docs are terrible, so if I were to be hit by a truck, it'd take someone a
while to figure out what I did.  (I'm still trying to figure out what I did
in some cases).  I'll try to write better ones soon. ;-)

Shawn.

#  In Jersey: The Digital Information Network of the Garden State    #
#      Freelance HTML/Graphics/Programmer                            #
# http://nj5.injersey.com/~spearce/  ###  http://www.injersey.com/   #