Subject: NetBSD on Quadra 840AV
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <MacThomas1@AOL.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1996 10:33:52
I'm very interested in getting NetBSD Running on my Quadra 840AV.  I know the
040 is not yet supported, so I'm interested in helping to make it work.

Thus, I have a few relevent questions:

1) Where can I get the sources most likely to work with the necessary
tweaking?

2) Where can I get a utility to uncompress/unarchive them under the MacOS?

3) Can I compile any mods I make under the MacOS? (This is important as I
obviously cannot boot NetBSD on my 840AV or my old Plus.)

4) Where can I find other information that could be helpful?

My 840AV has 24M RAM, 1GB HD, CD, standard A/V video w/ 1MB VRAM, and no
add-on boards.

I also know the BSD4.3 kernel in depth as it was implemented in SunOS4 so
hopefully BSD4.4lite hasn't changed too much in structure (if I'm correct
that NetBSD is based on this).

Any help would be appreciated!

Tom McLeary
MacThomas1@aol.com