Subject: Re: SCSI and Mice - disktab
To: Adam Nicol Delu (Web Information Group) <abam@ohwig01.houston.omnes.net>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1996 15:54:57
On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Adam Nicol Delu (Web Information Group) wrote:

> Oh.  Maybe I've been doing things wrong then.  I created a "free AUX
> partitition slice 3" with APS.  I ran the MacOS utiltity Makefs on it,
> then attempted to mount the drive:

I think you need to make all BSD partitions as "AUX /" or "AUX /usr"
partitions. You don't have to MOUNT them this way, but I think the current
drivers assume them and look for those "types" of partitions.

So you might have:

Device		Mount Point	Partition Type
/dev/sd0a	/		AUX root
/dev/sd0g	/usr		AUX usr
/dev/sd0h	/var		AUX usr
/dev/sd1c	/opt		AUX usr

Hope this helps. Someone correct me if this is wrong...

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504