Subject: Virtual terminals
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Green <jtg@bbs.ausom.net.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1996 18:26:46
Hi all...

Straight to the point - virtual terminals don't seem to be working on my machine :(

I'm running a IIci, and are using internal video.  Whenever I type Command-1 or whatever, I just
get the number I typed up on the screen.  Am I going about changing terminals incorrectly?

I've tried creating a "ttye1" device using MAKEDEV.local and adding an entry to /etc/ttys for it,
but that just freezes the boot process at "starting ttys" :(

Oh, almost forgot to tell ya' - I'm running the kernel distributed with NetBSD-1.0, and the whole
1.0 package.

Please help!  Thanks in advance.

Jason Green
jtg@bbs.ausom.net.au