Subject: Kernal for Duo 230
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/1995 13:42:27
I need a kernel that I can use to boot a Duo 230.  I don't care if anything
does or doesn't work on it.  I want just enough device support to boot the
computer, log in to a shell, then run the compiler so that I can make my
own custom kernels and perhaps start doing development and/or testing
to help support MacBSD on Powerbooks.

I also would like to know where to find Booter 1.9.  I keep hearing that
things of this type are available, but if they are I can't find them
or any detailed information about them either.  Booter 1.9 is so far
nothing better than a second hand report of a rumor.

After som effort, I finally located the custom kernels that Steve Allen
keeps (not where the FAQ says they will be!), but none of them seemed to
be apporpriate for a Duo.  I didn't try them because I kind of believe that
I'm not even getting past the booter at this stage in the game, so I
wanted to get 1.9 before going any further.

Has anybody here had ANY degree of success with the Duo support?  Is there
something that I could do to help advance this effort?

Thanks,
Rich