Subject: Re: PPP login sequence? ISDN vs. modem
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1995 10:23:29
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, David C. Myers wrote:

> still talk and make calls at a DTE rate of 57.6.  When I try this, though,
> I get the "CONNECT 57600" message, but no further prompting for a login and
> password.  Eventually, it will come back with "NO CARRIER".  Anybody have a
> clue why it would work with the modem and not work with the ISDN modem?

Well, my provider sometimes requires you to hit <RETURN> a few times
(both before and after the login).  Go figure.  Try hitting <RETURN> a
couple of times.  If that works, I'll have a good laugh!  :)

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/