Subject: Re: NetBSD/mac68k on a Powerbook ????
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1995 15:19:16
On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Allen Briggs wrote:
> I send a list of things that
> I'd like to see in it...  A short list:
>
> 	- Integration of current ffs support
> 	- Integration of mkfs/newfs functionality
> 	- Integration of fsck functionality
> 	- Better handling of failures of various kinds
> 	- Batch handling (select a group of files to install)
> 	- Performance (buffer cache)

I'd like to add a few.
	- Batch handling in mini-shell (rm *.O, rmdir *, etc.)
	- Forcible removal of non-empty directories (recursive rmdir/rm *)
	- Partial install of archives

Can you tell I really don't like man pages?

	- Installation of gzipped files not containing tar archives
	- A method of selecting a MacOS path other than the most recently
	  used archive install path for cpin and cpout
	- How about at least an error message when the archive isn't valid....

What language is the original written in?  I'd be willing to help with
things like my mini-shell suggestions if somebody can convert it from
Unix C (the only language I know besides BASIC and LOGO).

Just a few thoughts,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |

</SIG>