Subject: Re: 1.1
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 23:16:39
> Does anyone know if the 1.1 release fixes the scsi problem that first
> showed up, for me at least, in the early november kernels?

It does not, apparently.  I have been quite busy and missed the fact
that the scsi driver had become a problem for people on some hardware
(it works on my test system).  I've backed the SCSI code off from the
last batch of changes and expect that change to be available in the
first patches for NetBSD 1.1 (assuming a patch release is made).  I will
certainly release a patched kernel when I get some more assurance that
this was indeed the problem.

> If not, is there a problem with using the last kernel that works Oct 23 I
> think, with the rest of the new release, or should we wait a while?

The kernel from Oct. 23 may have some problems as the ufs/ffs changes
weren't complete at that time.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **