Subject: Re: talk probs...
To: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1995 08:52:06
> 	Is it [1.1] fully compat with the IIsi? and how do i update all my
> files to the 1.1 version without disrupting my customized files.. like
> most of the files in /etc...or do i just NOT install the new etc package?

Don't install the new /etc package.  Install the rest, boot into single
user mode, unpack the new etc into a different location ("cd /tmp ; tar
zxvf /usr/dist/etc11").  Then fixup by hand.

I am hoping that 1.2 will have better installation and upgrade tools.

> 	Also..where can i get the FULL set 1.1 files?  i think i saw a
> directory for it on some FTP site but it was empty...

You should soon be able to get them from ftp.netbsd.org and mirror sites.
I have delegated the build responsibilities, and while I have access to
ftp.netbsd.org, I don't have access to the currently-built set of
binaries, so I can't update the files...  :-(

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>