Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Alpha on a IIvx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1995 23:27:54
Heeeelp!!!!

I just wiped NetBSD 1.0 completely off my disk because I wanted to try 1.1a
instead. I got the snapshot off ftp.netbsd.org, and they are all dated Nov.
18th.

The system: IIvx 12 MB RAM, 1 MB VRAM, Internal Apple CD300 at SCSI 3,
Internal 240 HD at SCSI 0, external 270 MB SyQuest at SCSI 1.
BSD installed on the SyQuest, 32 MB SWAP and 250 MB A/UX Root & Usr

What I did:

did a Mkfs with the MacOS Mkfs util, it says it puts a BSD 4.3 system on
the disk.

then I installed all the files (except for the games).

Tried to boot the system into single user mode, but....

It only gets as far:

NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA (GENERIC) #46
[something]
PRAM: Ox2cf3ee15, macos_boottime: Ox2cf3ee0a

and then it just hangs...

Now what?

Thomas

| Thomas Bjorn Andersen, bjorn@daimi.aau.dk                  |
| http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/                            |
My name is Mud, but call me Aloysius Devadander Abercrombie.
                                                 -- Primus