Subject: Re: IIvx
To: None <spearce@injersey.com>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1995 07:30:22
Just thought I'd throw in my 0.02 words:

>> >No, you don't want *10 files on your IIvx.  They are too old to support
>> >the IIvx!  Refer to http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/macbsd-docs/
>> >for newer documents.
>> >
>> >ken
>>
>> Then what's Allen running on, and is there anything more current than *10???
>
>The current, or 1.1_ALPHA (what else did you expect?).  The *10 files
>are the official 1.0 binary release packages.  Many improvements and
>bug fixes have gone into the current source since the release of 1.0.

My IIvx is humming along quite happily on one of the binary snapshots 1.0
from puma. It's running X too. Only thing to remember is to get a not too
old kernel.
There are a few problems, of course: Screen scrolling is really slow if I'm
not running dt, and I can't use cu. I know that the cu-problem is fixed
with the 1.1 kernel (can be found on Puma as well).

Thomas

| Thomas Bjorn Andersen, bjorn@daimi.aau.dk                  |
| http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/                            |
My name is Mud, but call me Aloysius Devadander Abercrombie.
                                                 -- Primus