Subject: Re: Formatting a ZIP disk
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1995 23:02:13
On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Jell-O wrote:

> > It doesn't write when trying to format, or after you've formatted and are
> > intending to setup the partitions?
>
> It doesn't partition the drive after I format it.

Doesn't surprise me...  I bought a 4-gig Seagate and to this day can't
get Apple's toold to even RECOGNIZE it.  I went and bought FormatterPro
which installs its own SCSI driver, then creates a partition map and
everything works out fine.  I'd be happy to give you FormatterPro, but I
doubt it's public domain.

>  I'm trying to use the
> patched versions of Apple's HD setup.

Which version?  Which patches?  I have several.

>  How can I partition?

Well, get out your nice little disk "nibble" editor...

>  When I use
> Apple's HD, there is an error saying that it could not write to the drive.

Probably because there isn't a Mac partition map on the disk.  Mine came
IBM formatted w/ IBM partition maps.  Mac don't like that.  I couldn't
write to mine either until I formatted it w/ FPro...

> Thanks for the help,

No problem.  Hey, if you do solve this problem, let me know, cause I'm
gonna buy a Zip (when I get lots of money).  :)

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/