Subject: Re: IIvx
To: Ken Nakata <spearce@injersey.com (Shawn Pearce), kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1995 22:45:35
> At 8:51 PM 11/21/95, Ken Nakata wrote:
> >> So if i get the booter, installer, mkfs, base10 and etc10, can I run it on
> >> a IIvx just by following the INSTALL text file that is on cray-ymp?  Are
> >> there any other essential files that I need?
> >
> >No, you don't want *10 files on your IIvx.  They are too old to support
> >the IIvx!  Refer to http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/macbsd-docs/
> >for newer documents.
> >
> >ken
>
> Then what's Allen running on, and is there anything more current than *10???

The current, or 1.1_ALPHA (what else did you expect?).  The *10 files
are the official 1.0 binary release packages.  Many improvements and
bug fixes have gone into the current source since the release of 1.0.

Did you try to _at least_ browse through the Web page?  *You will find
pointers to two major current snapshots in the URL mentioned above*.
I did not mention it for no reason (sorry if it sounds too strong, but
you have to make some effort to help yourself when it comes to free
software like NetBSD).

> (Besides 1.1 coming soon, which, by the way, where will it be?)

Supposedly next week.

ken