Subject: Mac IIx and X11R6
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan?= Nilsson <nilsson@csd.uu.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1995 21:42:43
Hi,

having successfully installed the NetBSD on a Mac IIx (8MB, 540MB HD, FPU,
21" display,four shades of gray, system 7.5) I tried to install the latest
release of X11R6 (i.e., X.11Mar95.tar). Unfortunetely I failed to
install it using the MacBSD Installer command "zinstall". It said that the
file was corrupted. I had to use "cpin" from MacBSD Installer and  "tar"
when in NetBSD. This tar installation worked just fine. (It is very
puzzling why zinstall considered the file corrupted...)

My problems begun when I tried to start X11 using startx. It complains about
and undefiend symbol "__sys_errlist" when linking. The error output,
verbatim, is:

ld.so:warning libm.so.0.0 minor version >=3D1 expected, using it anyway
ld.so: undefined symbol "__sys_errlist" in X:X

giving up.
xinit: Interrupted system call (errno 4) unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3) server error

[End of error output]

I am not sure what this means and was thinking that anyone reading this mailing-list might have some ideas how to correct this error.
Please respond directly to my mail-address and I will summarize the answers (if any) and post the summary (to port-mac68k@netbsd.org).

Kind regards,

Hakan

H}kan Nilsson                                   Phone:+46-(0)18-18 10 64
Uppsala University                              Phax: +46-(0)18-52 12 70
Computing Science Department                    Email:nilsson@csd.uu.se
P.O Box 311
751 05  UPPSALA

"Yarka da Bandrika?" (from Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes")