Subject: Re: Difficulties with X11R6
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Gransaulls <gransaul@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1995 21:56:55
>On Nov 19,  6:12pm, Gransaulls wrote:
>>d. I thought my error was in putting X11R6 where I did, so I moved
>>everything to /usr/X11R6 like the readme said to do. I set the path as in
>>the readme, but I did not get any further with startx; the same libX* files
>>could not be found.
>>
>>Now I know may of you have X working. Could some one point out the steps
>>required to getting it working?
>
>Leave the stuff under /usr/X11R6, and put the line:
>ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib
>in /etc/rc.local

I've done that, and I had the server crash because it did not support color
screens.  When I changed to monochrome in the MacOS and then start netBSD,
then use startx, the system crashes to a db>.  I typed continue the first
time and got back out, but the second time it hung.  The message said
something like

" Screen 0...640x480 ...80rowbytes..
FPU ...and some other stuff
db>