Subject: Re: Elm & setlongjump
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1995 21:14:43
I went back and checked into the problem more, and I think it's library
error. Here's a sample of the compile output:

pokey# make
cd lib; /usr/bin/make  - all
cd src; /usr/bin/make  - all
cc  -o ../bin/elm addr_util.o    alias.o                 aliaslib.o      args.o
                 a_edit.o        a_screen.o      a_sort.o        a_quit.o
         bouncebk.o      builtin.o       calendar.o      curses.o        date.o
                 delete.o        edit.o          editmsg.o       elm.o
   encode.o        exitprog.o      expires.o       file.o          file_util.o
         fileio.o        find_alias.o    forms.o                 hdrconfg.o
         help.o          in_utils.o      init.o          leavembox.o     lock.o
                 limit.o                 mailmsg1.o      mailmsg2.o      mime.o
                 mkhdrs.o        newmbox.o       options.o       out_utils.o
      pattern.o       pmalloc.o       quit.o          read_rc.o       remail.o
         reply.o                 returnadd.o     save_opts.o     savecopy.o
     screen.o        showmsg.o       showmsg_c.o     signals.o       softkeys.o
         sort.o          string2.o       strings.o       syscall.o       utils.o
                 wildcards.o     wordwrap.o ../lib/libutil.a /usr/lib/libcrypt.a -ltermlib /usr/lib/libc.a
editmsg.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
editmsg.o: Undefined symbol `_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
in_utils.o: Undefined symbol `_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

siglongjmp seems to be in libc (according to nm). I'm using an old libc
(from April 30 sources), but I'd doubt this would have changed??

Puzzled.

Bill