Subject: Is 1.0 stable on an SE/30?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David B. Lamkins <dlamkins@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1995 21:45:42
I installed the complete 1.0 binary distribution (from cray-ymp) on my
SE/30.  It runs fine _unless_ I try to set the date.  Shortly after (maybe
at the next disk I/O, but I'm not sure) I get a kernel panic.  From this
point until I reinstall the kernel, the system panics at the drop of a hat.
If I reinstall the kernel and _don't_ try to set the date, I can run for a
long, long time without any problems at all (except that the timestamps on
all my files predate the invention of the electronic digital computer by
about a half century ;)

Advice?  Suggestions?  Will I be better off with one of the recent
distributions?  Which one?

Dave
----
http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/
CPU Cycles: Use them now, before they're gone forever...