Subject: Re: LCIII - ethernet cards?
To: Julian Bean <jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1995 08:52:00
> With the adb-test kernel, it boots up to the point where it looks at my
> ethernet card "ae0:..." and then hangs.  The card is an Asante Mac-Con LC,
> and I had been under the impression that Asante cards worked.

> Any ideas anyone?  If it's a question of compiling a kernel with asante
> support, does anyone out there feel like compiling me an asante kernel - I
> wouldn't really mind if it doesn't have the LC adb stuff, since I will
> probably be using it in the long term without a keyboard or monitor anyway
> - telnetting in from a Sun3 or my PowerMac.

Jules,
As far as I know, ethernet is supported in the adb-test kernel and in the
eskimo kernels. I suspect that the LCIII enternet card is a little different
that the others.

Has anyone else has any luck with the Asante Mac-Con LC?

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504