Subject: Confusion about emulation in general
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1995 13:32:17
Hello,

I have some questions about the sunos emulation that is available for
the m68k ports, specifically mac68k. If there is a FAQ somewhere which
answers my questions, please point me there.

My naive understanding is that the emulation allows us to run sunos
programs. Is this assumption correct? What is required to do this
feat if possible.

I've got a sunos commercial application I want to run on my IIsi.
I've downloaded it, but whenever I try to run it (just typing the
command name), I get an invalid executable error message (basically
the system knows the file's not NetBSD/Mac68k, and says no).

I have the SUNOS compatablility turned on in my kernel builds. What
else do I need to do? Is there a special command to use the emulation?
Do I need extra packages/libraries?

Oh, I don't mind if I need to do some hacking to get emulation up. I'm
getting better & better at kernel compilation. :-)

Thanks!

Bill