Subject: Re: Updating Libraries...
To: Uncle John <happy@dircon.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1995 08:49:59
> (3) Since I'm downloading stuff anyway (by 14.4 modem - ouch!), is it worth
> me
>     going the whole hog and trying out 1.1ALPHA? Has anybody tried John
>     Wittkoski's kernel with 1.1ALPHA? John - do you know if it should work ok?
>     I'm using an LCIII, so the Wittkoski kernel is rather essential! So - I'd
>     really appreciate any feedback on whether or not this is a good idea.

John,
I haven't tested with the 1.1alpha binaries. My 'netbsd.9.26' kernel is based
on sources pulled down 9/25 or 9/26, so they're a little old. I'd recommend
waiting until the official release to try 1.1. I'll have a new kernel out
after the 1.1 release with my changes.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504