Subject: mouse dragging problem with option+arrow keys
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1995 10:49:00
Hi,

Is anyone having trouble dragging mouse with option+arrow keys?  For
example, when you try to open "VT options" or "VT fonts" menu in an
xterm window, you have to "down" the middle or right button
respectively, with the control pressed.  I introduced a bug in adb.c
when I put extended mouse protocol support in it.  The bug prevents
you from dragging mouse with option+arrow keys.

I didn't notice the bug until this morning since I use a Logitech
TrackMan which has working 3 buttons (sorry).

I send-pr'ed a few minutes ago, but anyway, here's the same patch for
the bug:
--
diff adb.c~ adb.c
287c287
>       int i, button_bit, max_byte, mask, buttons;
309a310
>               buttons = 0;
314c315
<                               adb_ms_buttons |= button_bit;
---
>                               buttons |= button_bit;
316c317
<                               adb_ms_buttons &= ~button_bit;
---
>                               buttons &= ~button_bit;
322c323
<                               adb_ms_buttons |= button_bit;
---
>                               buttons |= button_bit;
324c325
<                               adb_ms_buttons &= ~button_bit;
---
>                               buttons &= ~button_bit;
327c328
<               new_event.u.m.buttons = adb_ms_buttons;
---
>               new_event.u.m.buttons = adb_ms_buttons | buttons;

ken

P.S.  My extended keyboard's (not II) right option key works okay
with arrow keys.  I just bought it for use with a IIsi.