Subject: Duo 230 again...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Agustin <robert.agustin@amp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1995 10:38:03
I've been following the list now for a couple of months, and I gather
that NetBSD is not currently running on the Duo 230 (which is, unfortunately,
the Mac that I have now).  I have a few questions:

- How close is NetBSD to running on the Duo series of powerbooks?  Does it
run on any of the other Powerbooks?

- What's preventing NetBSD from running on the Duos?

I would offer my help, but from the FAQs I've read, I don't meet any of the
major criterea -- I don't have NetBSD already running so development is
probably out of the question (I don't have an older mac), I don't have any
 machines that I'm able to loan to the development effort (I'm using my
Powerbook on the road), and I don't have enough money to make a monetary
donation to the group.  If anyone can think of another way for me to help,
(short of becoming an industrial spy and "borrowing" the specs for some of
custom chips from Apple :) ) I'd be more than happy to see if I can comply.

Thanks,
Rob

P.S. - I'm in the market for a color laptop computer.  I really would like
to get a color Powerbook, but I also wanted something that could I could
connect to on-site unix networks when I move from job-site to job-site.  Any
suggestions?  (for both macs and non-macs)