Subject: Re: color drivers for x-windows...
To: None <wookie@us.net>
From: Scott Frederick Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1995 19:44:41
> Allen said that someone was working on the color drivers for x-windows.
> Who is taking on this challenge?  How many different drivers will you
> need?  (will you need a specific driver for each different mac)

Heh, I'm doing some preliminary fiddling in trying to get color to work.  There are still some issues to be covered before worrying about X.  I think Allen will have some more concrete answers about this.  At the moment, I'm just following his word on what needs to be done to get to the color-X stage.  Right now I'm just trying to get the NuBus code to handle the special case of slot 0.

So, we're a little ways from getting something out--don't get excited yet.  And, I don't think it should require multiple drivers for X, but I could be wrong about that.  Like I said, haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu
Finger me for my PGP key