Subject: Re: Club Mac CD ROM
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1995 09:37:55
> I belive it will work.  My Club Mac 4x CD ROM (Sanyo mechnism)
> is seen when MacBSD boots.  I will take an approprate cd-rom home
> tonight and test it.  I'll let you know for sure tomarrow.

I tried this last night.  I took an old ISO9660 cd home last night.
#mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom
this returned an invalid argument (?? invalid something, not too usefull
sorry, it was late and I thought I could remember)
#mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0d /cdrom
returned device not configured
These commands do appear to be talking to the drive.

The man page make a note that old High Searria File Systems are not supported.
is iso9660 == hsfs??
the cd I used was copyright 89-91 is this old enough that it might be
the old hsfs?

Kevin
kevin@spef.syr.ge.com