Subject: Current kernel success!!!
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/1995 22:22:13
Well, I just ftp'd a copy of Steve Allen's newest generic kernel off of
ftp.eskimo.com and was delighted to find that it appears to work just
fine on my IIci with the following configuration:

kernel: NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA (GENERIC) #43
cpu: Mac IIci with 50Mhz Daystar 68030 accelerator (cache _enabled_!)
fpu: 50Mhz Daystar 68882
memory: 16 MB RAM
hard drive: Quantum Lightning 730S, 300 MB partitioned for NetBSD
monitor: Macintosh Color Display 14"
video card: Apple Hi-Res Video Card with 1MB of VRAM
ethernet: Asante MacCon-i NB-10T

Of course, I haven't had much time to test it out, but networking appears
to be running just fine.  I just got the following for the kernel source
tree off of ftp.netbsd.org:

sys.tar.gz:  6178523 bytes received in 137.63 seconds, 43.84 kB/s.

All I can say is, thanks guys!!! It's really working well.

Later.