Subject: Re: Hi again!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Rowlands <tomr@oaf.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/1995 07:53:50
>>         Hi! I just discoverd this list again, well, the new one that is...
>> Would anyone care to fill me in as to what's happened with MacBSD in the
>> last 6 months? As I left off, the IIsi was just getting working...
>
>NetBSD 1.1 should be coming out on or around 17 November.  A beta
>release should be out before then.  The SCSI driver has been improved
>(although it's a bit slower, it's more robust and handles tape drives,
>etc.).  The serial drivers have been vastly improved, and people are
>contributing more than ever.

OK... Will NetBSD 1.1 be able to run on an '040 Mac? If so, when you
release a beta, you will say so on the 'list won't you? :-) (i'm gunna try
it on this Quadra 630 I have lying around here, with an external SCSI
drive)

>Steve has a recent snapshot up on ftp.eskimo.com.  Sources are available
>from the usual places (ftp.netbsd.org, sup.netbsd.org, and mirrors).
>See http://www.netbsd.org/ for a list of mirrors (I forget the rest of
>the URL for the mirrors page).

Ddraig.

>I'm also hosting (on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us) some web pages that
>will, I hope, complement the NetBSD/mac68k pages on www.netbsd.org.
>If you're interested in helping with this, join the new mailing list
>macbsd-www@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us (send mail to majordomo to get
>on the list).

TIA.

--

Cheers.

Tom Rowlands                                               (06) 292 6854
tomr@oaf.apana.org.au               Bolo Handle: ferds (italic f and d).
    There is a reason why MacOS is the worlds most popular 32 bit OS.