Subject: Re: LC 475
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles J. Williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1995 18:32:54
In message <199510181733.KAA23573@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>,Steve Allen writes
:
>What's so difficult about that?  The partition map/structure is known
>(Allen posted a program to read it out), so it should be as simple as:

I believe you are talking about the mess i posted...

> - save the MacOS driver off the disk
> - format the disk
> - frob the partition map
> - put the MacOS driver back on the disk

This is a good idea, however I dont see the need to format a disk at the
moment.  Just rearrange the partitions.  We could always just "copy"
apple standard driver from "somewhere"

>BTW, if someone is *really* serious about making this program (i.e.,

I have given it some thought and might try to put something together
if anyone would like to try it

allen--is there any value in this idea?